The Honors College at Belhaven University offers academically advanced students an opportunity to deepen and expand their education, both intellectually and spiritually.
If you are serious about your calling, enthusiastic about interdisciplinary dialogue, and have a past record of academic achievement you may enroll in Honors Colloquium. Students who have completed at least two semesters of Honors Colloquium with a grade of B or above are admitted to full standing as Fellows in the Honors College.
Honors Colloquium is an interdisciplinary seminar that explores diverse topics from the humanities, sciences, and arts. Through reading and round-table discussion with faculty and peers, you will hone your ability to critically evaluate ideas from a Christian perspective and articulate discerning responses. Students who meet any of the following criteria may enroll in Honors Colloquium:
- ACT composite 26 or above (SAT CR+Math 1190 or above)
- ACT English/Writing 28 or above (SAT Writing 630 or above)
- College-level GPA 3.5 or above, earned over at least 2 semesters
Students who meet the following requirements may grad uate with distinction as an Honors Fellow:
- At least 12 hours of Honors Colloquium (HNS) with a grade of B or above
- At least 15 hours of Honors-level coursework with a grade of B or above, to include at least 9 hours in your major. Honors-level courses are available by arrangement with faculty; to merit the Honors designation, you will meet higher and/or additional requirements as determined by the faculty and demonstrate integration of the subject matter with a Christian worldview.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.4 or above
For more information, contact
Dr. Melissa Thorson Hause, Dean of the Honors College
or Belhaven University
Office of Admission
601-968-5940 or 1-800-960-5940