Guidance Counselor Resources
Belhaven University understands that you play a crucial role in helping students explore their college options. We appreciate the individual attention and advice you share with your students throughout the college admission process.
Please take the time to explore our website to learn more about our unique programs and the value of studying at Belhaven University. We look forward to working with you to find out how a Belhaven education can best fit the needs of your students.
About Belhaven University:
- Location: Belhaven is located in a dynamic historic district of Jackson, MS, the "Capital of the New South." With a population of nearly one-half million, Jackson is the political, economic, educational, and cultural capital of the state.
- Our Vision and Mission: Preparing men and women academically and spiritually to serve Christ Jesus in their careers, in human relationships, and in the world of ideas since 1883.
- Undergraduate Majors: An overview of our undergraduate majors, which also includes our pre-professional programs.
Why is Belhaven unique?
- The Arts: The arts speak for themselves at Belhaven, as it is one of only 33 institutions in the nation accredited in all four areas of the arts (Visual Art, Music, Theatre, and Dance). Recognized worldwide, Belhaven competes at the highest level in the arts with some of the top schools in the nation.
- Omega College - The Omega College allows students to customize their program to meet their individual curriculum needs. Students choose a major and then work with an advisor to add beneficial courses to their program of study.
- Student/Faculty Interaction: By having a 12 to 1 student/faculty ratio, Belhaven’s professors go beyond just teaching in the classroom; they genuinely invest in the spiritual and personal lives of their students.
Minimum requirement for acceptance is 20 ACT composite or 930 combined critical reading and math SAT score.
How to Apply:
- Complete the admission application online.
- $25 Application Fee- online payment form.
- Official academic transcripts from all institutions attended. Minimum GPA required is 2.0. Download Transcript Request Form (pdf).
- An essay, interview, and letter of recommendation may be submitted voluntarily by the student or may be requested by the admission office if student does not meet minimum requirements for acceptance.
- 2 Mumps/Measles/Rubella Immunizations
- Five Reasons Why Belhaven is Affordable
- Tuition and Fees
- Download the Tuition Cost Worksheet (pdf).
- College Board’s Net Price Calculator for Belhaven University
Important Codes: Remind your students to use Belhaven’s school codes when signing up for tests and completing the FAFSA.
- SAT: 1055
- ACT: 2180
- FAFSA: 002397
As you know, visiting a college campus is the single, most important thing you should do in the college selection process. Facts, figures, and pictures are helpful, but until your student steps onto our campus, they won't experience what truly sets us apart: the Belhaven community. Faculty, staff, and students love to meet our future students, and they are eager to share what God is doing on our campus.
Ways to Visit:
- Personal Campus Visit: Monday-Friday
- Discover Days: A larger visit day for High School students and transfers (50-80 students & parents).
- Junior Day: A larger visit day for High School juniors only (50-80 students & parents).
- Arts Discover Day: A visit day those interested in Visual Arts, Dance, Music, Theatre or Creative Writing. This day is open to High School students and transfers (70-120 students & parents).
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-960-5940 if you have any questions or to schedule a visit!