Junior Year - Belhaven Career Prep
In order to be fully prepared for life after Belhaven, it is important to plan and take action towards your future. Below is a list of important steps for you to take academically and professionally to prepare for life after Belhaven. We call this: Belhaven Career Prep. Career Services is here to help you to complete your junior and senior year preparation. Call to schedule an appointment or drop by Career Services to develop a plan for your future.
Let's get started! By your junior year, you should have completed the Freshmen & Sophomore Year Checklist. If not, we recommend that you play catch up with this list (however, it is not required in the completion of Belhaven Career Prep).
Prep List **
- Call to schedule an appointment or drop by and meet with Career Services to plan for your future
- Register on the Belhaven Career Network
- Attend the Resume Workshop
- Create a draft of your resume and upload it on the Belhaven Career Network
- Complete a Mock Interview
Choose a path-
|6. Attend an approved workshop||6. Attend the Graduate School Workshop|
|7. Attend the Belhaven Career Fair||7. Attend the Graduate School Fair|
*You must be a Belhaven Traditional student in your junior year and complete steps -7.
**Requirements for Belhaven Prep do not have to be nor can they be completed in order.
Suggestions on others things to do during your junior year:
- Complete both the work and grad school path so that you are prepared for both options
- If you are planning to attend graduate school, look up the required test for entrance and take a practice test (information about free practice tests available at Career Services)
- Find pre-approved internship or job shadowing opportunity
- Meet with your advisor to make sure you are on track to graduate next year
- Look for ways to get involved in leadership on campus
- Consider a job in the field in which you're most interested for the summer-see what it's like in the "real world"