Senior Year - Career Prep
In order to be fully prepared for life after Belhaven, it is important to plan and take action towards your future. Below is a list of important steps for you to take academically and professionally to prepare for life after Belhaven. We call this: Belhaven Career Prep. Career Services is here to help you to complete your junior and senior year preparation. Call to schedule an appointment or drop by Career Services to develop a plan for your future. Following your official completion of Belhaven Career Prep each year, you will receive a free gift from Career Services*.
Let's get started! By your junior year, you should have completed the Freshmen & Sophomore Year Checklist. During your junior year, you should have completed the Junior Year - Belhaven Career Prep. If not, we recommend that you play catch up with these lists (however, it is not required in the completion of Belhaven Career Prep).
Prep List **
- Call to schedule an appointment or drop by and meet with Career Services to plan for your future
- Apply for graduation
- Attend the Resume Workshop to refine your resume, update it, and post it on CollegeCentral.com
- Complete a Mock Interview
Choose a path-
5. Attend an approved workshop
6. Attend the Belhaven Career Fair & the MS Governor-s Job Fair
7. Complete a pre-approved internship or job shadowing opportunity
5. Take the practice test for the GRE, LSAT, or any other required exam for admission to graduate school
6. Attend the Graduate School Workshop
7. Attend the Graduate School Fair
*You must be Belhaven traditional student in your senior year and complete 1-7 in to qualify for the free gift from Career Services.
**Requirements for Belhaven Prep do not have to be nor can they be completed in order.
Suggestions on others things to do during your senior year:
- Complete both the work and grad school path so that you are prepared for both options
- Keep an eye on your GPA. Whether you are working towards a GPA for an honors mention at graduation, graduate school admission, or just a major accomplishment, you-ll be glad you worked hard to keep your grades up.