Student E-mail Forwarding Instructions
Forward your Belhaven email to an account of your choice.
- In Outlook Web App, click Settings > Options > Account > Forwarding.
- In the Forwarding section, in Forward my email to, type the email address you want to forward your Outlook Web App email to.
- Click Start Forwarding.
- To stop email forwarding, click, Stop forwarding in the forwarding section.
Note: By default, a copy of all forwarded messages is kept in your mailbox after you set up forwarding. If you don’t want to keep a copy of messages in your Belhaven mailbox, clear the Keep a copy of forwarded messages in Outlook Web App check box.
What else do I need to know?
- If you don't see the Connected accounts tab under Accounts, forwarding may not be available for your account. You may be able to set up forwarding using inbox rules. For more information, see Use rules in Outlook Web App to automatically forward messages to another account.
- If you keep a copy of forwarded messages, you should check your Outlook Web App account regularly to make sure you haven't exceeded your mailbox size limit. If you exceed the mailbox size limit, new messages may not be forwarded.
- Connected Accounts and Forwarding aren't meant to be used at the same time. Use Connected Accounts when you want email that's sent to other accounts that you own to be delivered to Outlook Web App. Use Forwarding to have email that's delivered to your Outlook Web App account be forwarded to other accounts. For more information, see Connected accounts.
- You can also set up forwarding using Inbox rules in Outlook Web app. When you use Inbox rules to set up forwarding, you have access to advanced options, including the option to forward your email to more than one email address. For more information, see Use rules in Outlook Web App to automatically forward messages to another account.
- For information about how to set up forwarding using Inbox rules in Outlook 2013, see Forward messages automatically with a rule.