Catalogue: Adult Program
Associate Degree Programs
- A total of 62 semester hours is required to earn the associate degree.
- The last 17 semester hours of course work must be earned at Belhaven University.
- Satisfaction of Belhaven's general education requirements.
Written Communication Skills: Six semester hours
Literature: Six semester hours
Science: Four semester hours
Mathematics: Three semester hours
History: Six semester hours
Biblical Studies: Nine semester hours
- Successful completion of all courses taken at Belhaven University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
- Applications for degree completion audits must be made online by the deadlines listed in the calendars at least eight months prior to the anticipated degree completion. Failure to do so on schedule may result in a delay in the ceremony participation or receipt of diploma.
Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree program provides adults with an excellent foundation in the liberal arts while preparing them for continued studies. The curriculum develops the adult learner's sensitivity to human values and capacity for critical thinking.
A.A. Degree: 62 hours (63 Houston) to include BIB 220, 221, WVC 301, BIO 125 or PHY 125, EDU 105 (Jackson, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Desoto, Memphis, Orlando), ENG 104, 105, 235, 240, HIS 125, 130, MAT 202 and electives. Houston students are also required to take BUS 205 and CSC 102.
A.A. in Biblical Studies
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies (A.A.B.S.) prepares students for further study in biblical ministry.
AA degree in Biblical Studies: 63 hours to include BIO 125 or PHY 125, EDU 105, ENG 104, 105, 235, 240, HIS 125, 130, MAT 202 and BIB 302, 308, 310, 311, 315, 316, 318, 331, and WVC 301.
A.A. in Christian Ministries
Associate of Arts in Christian Ministries prepares students for further study in Christian ministry.
A.A.in Christian Ministries: 63 hours to include BIO 125 or PHY 125, EDU 105, ENG 104, 105, 235, 240, HIS 125, 130, MAT 202, BIB 220, 221, 340, 351, 360, 412, 415, 441, SOC 202, and WVC 301.