Catalogue: Adult Program
Associate Degree Programs
- A total of 62 semester hours is required to earn the associate degree.
- The last 17 semester hours of course work must be earned at Belhaven University.
- Satisfaction of Belhaven's general education requirements.
- Written Communication Skills: Six semester hours
- Literature: Six semester hours
- Science: Four semester hours
- Mathematics: Three semester hours
- History: Six semester hours
- Biblical Studies: Nine semester hours
- Successful completion of all courses taken at Belhaven University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
- Applications for degree completion audits must be made online by the deadlines listed in the calendars at least eight months prior to the anticipated degree completion. Failure to do so on schedule may result in a delay in the ceremony participation or receipt of diploma.
Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree program provides adults with an excellent foundation in the liberal arts while preparing them for continued studies. The curriculum develops the adult learner's sensitivity to human values and capacity for critical thinking.
Associate of Arts
62 hours (63 Houston) to include BIB 214, 215, WVC 301, BIO 125, EDU105, 106, ENG 103, 108, 203, 204, HIS 108, 205, MAT 202 and electives. Houston students are also required to take BUS 205 and CSC 102.
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies (A.A.B.S.) prepares students for further study in biblical ministry.
A.A. in Biblical Studies: 62 hours to include BIB 214, 215, WVC 301, BIO 125, EDU 105, 106, ENG 103, 108, 203, 204, HIS 108, 205, MAT 202, electives and 12 hours from the following: BIB 334, 335, 341, 344, 345, 375, 385, 395 and 470.
Associate of Arts in Business
62 hours to include BIB 214, 215, WVC 301, BIO 125, EDU 105, 106, ENG 103, 108, 203, 204, HIS 108, 205, MAT 202, electives and BUS 304, 309, 320 and 326.