Catalogue: Adult Program
Associate Degree Programs
- A total of 62 (63 Houston) semester hours is required to earn the associate degree.
- The last 17 semester hours of course work must be earned at Belhaven University.
- Satisfaction of Belhaven's general education requirements.
Oral and Written Communication Skills: Six semester hours
Six semester hours in written communication
Proficiency in oral communication
Literature: Six semester hours
Science: Six semester hours
Mathematics: Four semester hours (Seven for Orlando)
History: Six semester hours
Biblical Studies: Nine semester hours
Art or Music Appreciation: Three semester hours
- Successful completion of all courses taken at Belhaven University with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0.
- Payment of all tuition and fees.
- Satisfaction of Gordon Rule requirement (Orlando). MAT 133 or (MAT 140 & 141), MAT 202 and CSC 309 will fulfill this requirement.
- Applications for degree completion audits must be made online by the deadlines listed in the calendars at least eight months prior to the anticipated degree completion. Failure to do so on schedule will result in a late fee as listed in the Special Fees section; a delay in the graduation date is also possible.
Associate of Arts
The Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree program provides adults with an excellent foundation in the liberal arts while preparing them for continued studies. The curriculum develops the adult learner's sensitivity to human values and capacity for critical thinking.
A.A. Degree: 62 hours (63 Houston) to include ART 245, BIB220, 221, WVC 301, BIO 255, 260, EDU105 (Jackson, Atlanta, Chattanooga, Desoto, Memphis, Orlando), ENG104, 105, 235, 240, HIS125, 130, MAT 202 and electives. Houston students are also required to take BUS 205 and CSC 102. Orlando students must also complete CSC 309. Jackson students must also complete BUS 304.
A.A. in Biblical Studies
Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies prepares students for further study in biblical ministry. The AA degree in Biblical Studies (63 hours) includes ART 245, BIO 255, 260, EDU 105, ENG 104, 105, 235, 240, HIS 125, 130, MAT 202 and BIB 302, 308, 310, 311, 315, 316, 318, 331, and WVC 301. Jackson students must also complete BUS 304.
A.A. in Christian Ministries
Associate of Arts in Christian Ministries prepares students for further study in Christian ministry. The AA degree in Christian Ministries (63 hours) includes ART 245, BIO 255, 260, EDU 105, ENG 104, 105, 235, 240, HIS 125, 130, MAT 202, BIB 220, 221, 340, 351, 360, 412, 415, 441, SOC 202, and WVC 301.