Commencement Information for Chattanooga
Friday, December 13, 2013
- When: December, 13. The ceremony begins at 7:00(graduates should arrive at 6:00).
- Where: Brainerd Baptist Church (BX Building), 4011 Austin Street, Chattanooga, TN 37411
- Reception:A Graduate Reception will be held at the graduation venue following the ceremony.
- Commencement Speaker: Mr. Terry Massey
- Regalia: Students will be notified when caps and gowns are available to pick up at the Chattanooga campus.
- Questions: If you need further clarification, please contact Student Services at 423-265-7784.
Mr. Terry Massey
Terry Massey has enjoyed a distinguished career working for, building, and starting technology, software and consulting organizations. His most recent start up is AmeriStride, a business growth, leadership development, and performance management firm located in Chattanooga. His client, Metalworking Solutions, won the 2011 Small Business of the Year Award from the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce and another, Office Furniture Warehouse, was recently a finalist for the 2012 award. In addition, he has recently founded the first Truth@Work chapter in Chattanooga and serves as chapter president. Truth@Work is a ministry focused on helping Christian business leaders build “kingdom minded” businesses and organizations while integrating their Christian faith into daily operational decisions and practices.
Terry cofounded IDVelocity, a software company, and served as Chief Operating Officer. He facilitated the sale of the company to NCR Corporation, afterward serving as Global Director of Marketing over the acquired entity. Prior to IDVelocity, he developed the business plan for iWork Software and launched the company with a team of executives growing the firm to approximately 300 professionals and over $40 million in sales. He served as Senior Vice President of Sales & Operations establishing operations both domestically and internationally. Terry began his career with Fortune 100 companies, Burroughs Corporation and Martin Marietta.
Terry grew up in the Hinkle community on Lookout Mountain. He has held numerous roles in his local church from chairing the Long Range Planning Committee and Finance Committee to currently serving as an Adult Small Group Leader, Children’s Worship Leader, Finance Committee member, overseer of the Daycare school, and member of the Vision Committee. He and his wife Judy are the proud parents of four boys, Matthew, Alex, Bryce and Kirill.