Commencement Information for Chattanooga
Thursday, December 13, 2012
- When: December, 13. The ceremony begins at 6:30 (graduates should arrive at 5:30).
- Where:Second Presbyterian Church, 700 Pine Street, Chattanooga, TN 37402
- Reception:The Graduate Reception will follow the ceremony at our Downtown Chattanooga Campus, 535 Chestnut Street (one block from the church).
- Commencement Speaker: Dr. Ronald W. McKinney
- Regalia: Students will be notifiedwhen caps and gowns are available to pick up at the Chattanooga campus.
- Questions: If you need further clarification, please contact Student Services at 423-265-7784.
Dr. Ronald W. McKinney
Dr. Ronald W. McKinney graduated from Belhaven University in Jackson, Mississippi with a Bachelor of Arts in Business and Art and a minor in Bible and Greek in 1967. He received a Masters of Divinity from Reformed Theological Seminary in Clinton, Mississippi in 1974. After Seminary, he was Executive Director for Multi-Communication Ministries, Inc., an international ministry that produced radio and television programs as well as publishing books and periodicals. He served as editor-in-chief of the Sword & Trowel, an international theological journal that had 28,000 subscribers in the US and 48 foreign countries. He has published more than 800 articles and essays.
He serves on the board of directors of Gospel Light Foundation for the Blind, L’Abri Symphony Orchestra and To Every Tribe Ministries. He received his Doctor of Ministry from North American School of Theology in 1990. He is presently seen on the television program, “Majesty,” broadcast twice a week and on several cable systems in North Georgia, Tennessee and Alabama.
McKinney has pastored Kinsey Drive Baptist Church in Dalton, Georgia since 1990. Previously, he had pastored churches in Tennessee, Mississippi, Texas and Louisiana.
For the past 22 years he has been involved with Christian Heritage School which was initially located at Kinsey Drive Baptist Church. He served on the board for 12 years and currently is on the Administrative Council.
Ron McKinney resides in Dalton with his wife of 37 years, Bonnie McKinney, an English teacher at CHS. He has three married daughters, a son, and three grandchildren.
Belhaven Volunteer ofthe Year 1997
Belhaven Alumnus of the Year 2007