- Chattanooga Campus
Commencement Information for Chattanooga Campus
Thursday, December 10, 2015
- When: December 10. The ceremony begins at 7:00 pm (graduates should arrive at 6:00).
- Where: Brainerd Baptist Church (BX Building), 4011 Austin Street, Chattanooga, TN 37411
- Reception: A reception will be held at the graduation venue following the ceremony.
- Commencement Speaker: Mr. Ron Pirtle
- Regalia: Students will be notified when caps and gowns are available to pick up at the Chattanooga campus.
- Questions: If you need further clarification, please contact Student Services at 423-265-7784.
Ron’s journey into higher education administration began twenty years ago at Crichton College in Memphis, TN. What started as a part-time position of Coordinator of Student Activities and Ministries became a full-time Director of Student Life position - assuming responsibility for all areas of Student Affairs at Crichton. He earned his master degree while working full-time and raising three toddlers. During that time, Ron developed a desire to serve students facing the same challenges he faced as a working adult. This background and desire served him well as he moved to Belhaven in 2005 as the Campus Director of the newly opened Adult Studies campus in Houston, TX. During his time there, the Belhaven Houston campus graduated its first class of students and Ron experienced the joy that comes with watching adult students achieve their goals. In 2008, Ron made a move to Belhaven’s main campus in Jackson to begin to work in academic development as the Dean of Student Development. Through that position, Ron has worked with both students and faculty to help students overcome challenges to be successful. He has been blessed to teach at Belhaven, both in the Adult Studies program and the traditional program, during his time here.
Ron has been married for 25 years to his wonderful wife, Dede, who serves as the Financial Aid Quality Assurance Director at West Tennessee Business College. They have three sons. Jeremiah graduated from Belhaven this past year with a degree in Biblical Studies, Joshua is a junior at Belhaven in the Musical Theater department, and Jason is beginning his senior year at Northwest Rankin High School.
Back to Commencement Home I Back to Registrar Home