Commencement Information for Orlando Campus
Friday, December 6, 2013, 7:00 pm
- Where: The Life Center Church, 63 E. Kennedy Blvd., Eatonville, FL
- Deadlines: November 22 is the deadline for the verbiage and payment for student dedications to be included in the program.
- Regalia: Regalia will be available for students and faculty to pick up, starting December 2 at the Orlando campus from 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Seating information: Commencement is in the sanctuary. Please let us know if special seating is required.
- Photographer: Griffith Photography will be taking pictures at 5:30 p.m. before the ceremony.
- Commencement Speaker: Dr. Stephen W. Brown, Founder of Key Life Network, Inc. and Emeritus Professor of Preaching and Pastoral Ministry
- Questions: If you need further information or have questions, please contact Karen Gates or Heather Miller at 407-379-0114.
Dr. Stephen Brown is a gifted pastor, educator, author, speaker and broadcaster. He is the Found er of Key Life Network, Inc., a ministry that presents honest and thoughtful biblical teaching through radio broadcasts, podcasts, seminars and publications (www.keylife.org). Dr. Brown hosts a 15-minute national radio show called “Key Life” each weekday, a weekly talk show called “Steve Brown, Etc.” (www.stevebrownetc.com) which is streamed over the internet and a one-minute feature called “Now You Think About That” (www.youthinkaboutthat.com). These broadcasts are currently heard on over 600 outlets. Key Life Network sends out over 350,000 CDs, magazines and pieces of printed literature each year at no charge. Key Life Network also has a ministry dedicated specifically to pastors (www.poopedpastors.com).
After teaching communications and practical ministry courses for almost two decades, Dr. Brown retired from Reformed Theological Seminary (RTS) and remains Emeritus Professor of Preaching and Pastoral Ministry at Reformed Theological Seminary; Orlando, Florida; Atlanta, Georgia; and Washington D.C. He is a visiting professor at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia, PA and Knox Seminary in Ft. Lauderdale, FL.
He was born and raised in Asheville, North Carolina. His educational journey began at High Point College in High Point, North Carolina where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy and Religion. Dr. Brown continued his education at Boston University School of Theology in Boston, Massachusetts where he received his Bachelor of Sacred Theology (S.T.B.) degree. Due to his outstanding contributions, he was awarded the Doctor of Letters (Litt.D.) degree from King College in Bristol, Tennessee and an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters (LHD) from Grove City College in Grove City, Pennsylvania. He is married to the former Anna Williamson of Dublin, Georgia. He and his wife have two daughters and three granddaughters.
Dr. Brown is a popular preacher, conference speaker and author. He has published more than a dozen books about Christian life and ministry. Students appreciate his relentless emphasis on grace and his willingness to share both humorous and heart-wrenching real world examples. Recent works include:
- Three Free Sin… God’s Not Mad at You (2012)
- A Scandalous Freedom: The Radical Nature of the Gospel (2004)
- What Was I Thinking? Things I’ve Learned Since I Knew It All (2006)
- Approaching God (1996 – revised 2008)
In addition, Dr. Brown is a member of the Board of Directors of the National Religious Broadcasters and Harvest, USA. He has authored numerous articles in such publications as Leadership, Decision, InterVarsity, Plain Truth, Today’s Christian Woman, Preaching and Table-Talk. His speaking ability comes to him naturally since Dr. Brown is a former disc jockey and newsman at radio stations in Boston, Massachusetts and Greensboro and Winston-Salem, North Carolina.