Dance Department Scholarships
We are excited that you are interested in pursuing your desire to major in dance at Belhaven University. At Belhaven, we place a very high value in providing the highest quality fine arts programs. In fact, Belhaven University is one of only 33 institutions that is nationally accredited in ALL four of the arts: dance, theatre, music and visual arts. We are the only Christian College to hold this honor.
Our dance program is competitive and prospective majors must audition in order to gain acceptance. Belhaven offers scholarships which take into account your academic strengths, family financial need, AND your dance abilities.
As you are interested in pursing dance as a major, here is what you need to do:
- Apply to Belhaven so that we can begin the process for you to be accepted to the University.
- Submit/report your high school GPA and either your ACT or SAT test scores. Based on your interest in dance, we can offer you an academic scholarship that will represent the foundation of your dance scholarship should you be accepted to the program. Should you not be accepted to the dance program, your foundational academic award will remain in place for enrollment into the University.
- Make plans to attend one of our dance auditions on November 16, 2013 or February 15, 2014. Based on your dance performance during the audition and your completed dance application materials, we will determine your acceptance to the dance major. Further, an excellent audition can influence your final scholarship award package.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA (available January 1). The FAFSA will let us know what amount of federal assistance OR Belhaven need based assistance you would be eligible to receive. No matter what you think your family might qualify for from the federal government, we STRONGLY encourage you to complete the FAFSA as Belhaven’s grants are typically more generous than the government might indicate you could receive.
- After we receive all your information (academic record, audition, and FAFSA) you will receive a comprehensive financial aid package that is influenced by all three of these areas.
- Please contact the admission office at 1-800-960-5940 or email@example.com to learn more or to meet with an admission counselor.