Scholarships and Grants
Federal Grants - The federal student aid program makes direct grants available to all students who are pursuing their first undergraduate degree, are citizens or permanent residents of the United States, and show eligibility according to the federal formula which applies to this grant. Qualifying family incomes and grant amounts vary from year to year, depending upon federal guidelines and appropriations. Federal grants are generally awarded to eligible students based on financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Some grants have limited funds available and are awarded on a first-come/first-served basis, so students are encouraged to complete and submit the FAFSA as early as possible. When completing your FAFSA, please remember to specify Belhaven University's FAFSA code, 002397.
State Scholarships and Grants - Complete any applications for the State of Mississippi financial assistance (if a legal resident of the state).
PCUSA - Download application for PCUSA scholarship.
The Office of Financial Aid for Studies has posted applications for the following scholarships, available to Presbyterian students who are eligible for need-based aid, except where noted:
- Student Opportunity Scholarship for juniors and seniors in the following areas of study: education, health care/services, social work, social sciences, religious studies, and sacred music. Preference is given to racial ethnic students.
- Beall Memorial Scholarship for young women from the southeastern United States who are fine arts or performing arts majors.
- Native American Education Grant for any Native American Student; PC(USA) members who are eligible for this award will also receive a supplemental award.
- Children of Missionaries for children of PC(USA) missionaries to assist with education costs in the U.S. Applications are pre-screened with the church's World Mission area.
Scholarship Search Tool:
- Scholarship matching service - from our database of 1.5 million scholarships.
- Alerts straight to your inbox - emails keeping you informed of every scholarship match.
- Scholarships for everyone - whether you're a college freshman or a returning adult.
- Student life guide - from decorating your dorm room to balancing work and school.
- Personalized Search: Spend one minute creating a profile and get email updates of scholarship matches based upon your specific circumstances.
- Search by Keywords: Search the same way you would on Google...but it's just for scholarships. Try your school and major to get started.
- Search Lists of Scholarships: Scholarships by Major, Scholarships by Religion, Scholarships for Women, Minority Scholarships, Nursing Scholarships and more.
Scholarships.com - Since 1998, we've helped millions of students, parents and counselors search 2.7 million local, state & national college scholarships & grants worth over $1.9 billion!
StudentScholarshipSearch.com - With the largest database of scholarships online and a speedy scholarship matching tool, StudentScholarshipSearch helps students find scholarships that are most relevant to their background, field of study, sport, skill, interest, achievement, or other attribute. Whether you're in grad school or were just accepted into college, we'll have a match for you.
Zinch.com/Scholarships - Search over $1 billion in free scholarships to help pay for college. Find your scholarship matches now! We award a $1,000 scholarship every week to one super student and choose the winner based on their 2-3 sentence response to the week's quest...Sign up to learn how to apply.
Belhaven Merit Based Scholarships - These scholarships are "open-ended" in that all full-time students who qualify and are seeking a first bachelor's degree in the traditional undergraduate program will be considered to receive an award.
Church Matching Scholarship - There is no limit to what your church can choose to contribute to your education. We will match up to $500 per year of what your church contributes.
Marion Davis Ridgeway and Elise Davis Endowed Scholarship - This scholarship is designed to encourage exceptional students to pursue excellent in their undergraduate studies in science and math in the context of a comprehensive commitment to Biblical Christian faith while preparing to enter a career in the health professions.
Certified Supervisory Management Scholarship - Certified managers and students enrolled in the CPM training program are eligible to receive the CSM scholarship. This scholarship grants students a 10% discount off each course taken.
Belhaven University offers a Classroom Leadership Scholarship (CLS) to help full-time teachers attain a graduate degree in education. The scholarship is a $400 discount per course as long as the student is employed as a full-time teacher and is officially admitted and enrolled as degree seeking in either the Master of Education (MED) or Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) program.
The Graduate Teacher Summer Loan/Scholarship (GTS) offers assistance to Mississippi residents who have been accepted into a program of study that leads to a first master's degree and a Class AA standard teacher educator license. The applicant must attend an accredited Mississippi public or private institution of higher learning and must be under contract as a full-time classroom teacher (K through 12th grade) in an accredited Mississippi public school.
Eligible recipients are awarded $125 per earned graduate credit hour. Program recipients shall agree to continued employment as a full-time licensed teacher in an accredited Mississippi public school for one academic year immediately following the summer for which funds were received. Recipients who are not serving as full-time teachers in the school year immediately following the summer in which the loan/scholarship is received must repay the full amount of the loan within 30 days of notification by the Board. This scholarship is available from the Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL). The GTS is intended for a first master's degree and a Class AA license. Application must be made through the Institutions of Higher Learning. Call 1-800-327-2980 or apply online. The application deadline is March 31st. Students can send in an application after this deadline to be considered for the following award cycle.