Computer System Requirements
All High Scholars Students are required to stay informed about and meet the computer requirements of The Potter's School and Belhaven University throughout the school year:
Belhaven University High Scholars Computer Requirements:
- A Computer w/DVD capability is required if the student does not have a Broadband* or Fast DSL** internet connection.
- *Broadband Broadband internet is a high data-transmission rate internet connection. This is the recommended type of internet connection for Belhaven High Scholars. This type of internet service is usually offered through a local cable service provider.
- **DSL Digital Subscriber Line (DSL) is a high speed internet connection that uses the same wires as a regular telephone line. However, DSL services come in various grades. A Fast DSL connection is a speed of least 3 Mbps downstream/384 Kbps upstream. Contact your service provider to find out the speeds available. The faster the connection, the better your virtual classroom and website experience will be.
- Belhaven Hardware Requirements (in addition to TPS Technical Expectations)
- Headset with microphone
- Belhaven Sofware Requirements (in addition to TPS Software Requirements)
- Audio/videos files are provided in MP3 or MP4 format to make them capable for downloading to mobile devices such as an MP3/4 player or tablet, but individual devices are not supported by Belhaven University. Students should seek assistance from the device manufacturer should they require assistance with the videos playing on a specific device.
- It is recommended for students to avoid using Google Chrome as a web browser as it is not fully supported by all of the systems utilized for the High Scholars program.