School of Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
The School of Nursing at Belhaven University provides a foundation for graduates to live out the university’s motto, “to serve, not to be served.” With a goal to educate servant leaders who seek integrity, justice and compassion through their calling in the healthcare industry, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program challenges its students to transform the culture through Christ-inspiring nursing practices.
Programs of Study
There are two options to complete a bachelor of science (BSN) in nursing at Belhaven University. Admission to these programs is separate from general admission, and admission to Belhaven University does not automatically admit a student into the School of Nursing.
- The traditional BSN is a four semester on campus program offered to students who have had no previous nursing education but have completed the required prerequisite courses.
- The RN to BSN is a three semester online program offered to currently practicing registered nurses who hold an associate degree or diploma in nursing and have completed the required prerequisite courses.
Belhaven University is strategically located in the heart of Jackson, Mississippi’s medical health corridor. This central location, in addition to new and renovated facilities and excellent faculty, provides nursing degree students with tremendous access to the best of health care training.
What will I study?
- Nursing Care of Clients Across the Life Span
- Health Assessment
- Principles of Pharmacology and Medication Administration
- Community and Population Health
- Management and Leadership
What can I do with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing?
Few professions offer as many employment choices and areas to specialization as nursing. The range of nursing specialties is almost as varied as the personalities of the nurses themselves, so no matter what choice selected, there’s a place in nursing for everyone:
- General and Surgical Hospitals
- Case Management and Home Care
- Physician Offices
- School Health
- Outpatient Care
- Specialty Care (Diabetes, Cardiac, Pediatrics, Emergency)
Why pursue a Nursing degree at Belhaven University?
At Belhaven, our motto is “to serve, not to be served”. Nursing is a perfect opportunity to live this out. In addition, Belhaven provides:
- New enhanced facilities, computers and technology
- Clinical experiences with local hospitals and institutions
- Personalized instruction from highly qualified nursing faculty
- Christian worldview perspective
- Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others
What kind of opportunities will I have in my major that will contribute toward my career?
While developing the academic component, student nurses are involved in many activities that will enhance their professional development as future nurses:
- Interaction and networking with nursing students across the country
- Involvement in professional nursing organizations and societies
- Attendance at local and national nursing conferences
- Community involvement, fundraisers, health fairs, and service projects
- Nursing Honor Society participation
What are Belhaven University Nursing graduates doing now?
- Nurse Managers and Directors
- Graduate school
- Research associates
- Medical missions