TEAS-V Testing Information
Belhaven University is proud to be a TEAS-V Testing Center and we are looking forward to working with you as your prepare to take the TEAS-V test. The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) measures basic essential skills in the academic content areas of reading, mathematics, science and English and language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry-level academic readiness of nursing program applicants.
Belhaven typically offers TEAS every Wednesday from 9:00 am – 1:00pm. For more information, see the list of dates on the ATI TEAS Registration Page. The location of the test will be Irby Science Building, Room 301.
Registering for the TEAS-V:
- Log on to www.atitesting.com
- Click on “Register for TEAS” at the bottom right corner of your screen.
- The dates and location times will be located on the ATI web site.
- After completing the registration process, testers will be required to create a user account if they do not already have one prior to purchasing the test session.
- If choosing to take the test at another college, applicants are responsible for paying the cost to have the transcript of your scores transferred to Belhaven University. This transcript request must be requested through ATI.
Guidelines for TEAS-V Testing:
- Total time available to test: 209 minutes (3 hours and 29 minutes) *NO breaks allowed
- Number of Test Questions: 170
- Reading 58 minutes/48 questions
- Math 51 minutes/34 questions
- Science 66 minutes/54 questions
- English and Language: 34 minutes/34 questions
Students must obtain a minimum score of 66 on the TEAS-V.
Preparing for the TEAS-V:
- Learning strategies
- TEAS Pre-Test Study Manual
- TEAS Online Practice Assessments
- TEAS transcripts
The current cost of the TEAS-V test is $60.00. After July 1, 2014, the cost of the test will increase to $75. The fee must be paid online, in advance, by debit or credit card at www.atitesting.com.
What Should I Do On My Scheduled Test Date?
- Arrive 30 minutes early to the test testing site. The test will be given in Room 301 of the Irby Science Building located on the Jackson Belhaven Campus. Late arrivals will not be allowed to test and therefore will forfeit their testing fee.
- Candidates that fail to show on the scheduled test date will forfeit their testing fee and must schedule a new test date. Missed exams are non-refundable. However, one may change a testing date by contacting ATI at least 48 hours in advance of your originally scheduled testing date.
- Schedule four hours to complete the exam.
- Bring the following to the testing site:
- A government issued picture ID (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
- A printed receipt confirming your registration
- Username and password assigned when registering/paying for the exam
- No calculators, cell phones, cameras, pagers, tablets, IPODs or other electronic devices are allowed by testers during the test.
- No sunglasses, hats, or hoods allowed in the testing area.
- No food or drinks allowed in the testing area.
- Children of applicants are not allowed in the testing area.
- No personal items are to enter the testing center. Belhaven University will not be responsible for personal items, and suggests that these items be left in another safe place.
- Paper and pencils will be provided by the test proctor.
- You will only be allowed to leave the testing center for hygiene purposes. Applicants may not exit the floor or the building during the test. Restrooms and water facilities are located on the same floor as the testing center.
- Be mindful that you will lose testing time during the time that you are away from the computer.
- NO conversing or any other form of communication is allowed among candidates once you enter the test area.
- Copying or communicating test content is a violation of the test center protocol. Either one may result in the disqualification of test results.