Freshmen & Sophomore Year Checklist
In order to be fully prepared for life after Belhaven, it is important to plan and take action towards your future. Below is a list of important career and academic things to do to prepare for life after Belhaven.
Let’s get started! By your junior year, you should have completed the following:
- Taken classes that interest you as your schedule permits
- Explored majors to find out what they're really about – talk to professors and upperclassmen
- Set some goals for what you want out of your time in college – both short and long term
- Developed effective and productive study habits
- Familiarized yourself with how to search for jobs through College Central Network
- Sought help from academic labs on campus as needed
- Made friends and got involved on campus
- Started narrowing down major choices – declare a major
- Started thinking about career related internships, volunteer, or other part-time positions. Used College Central Network to help you find opportunities.
- Kept an eye on your GPA – you’ll be glad you did
- Attended The Sophomore Salute
The Office of Student Development is here to help you as you select a major and choose a career path. Our office is here to help students learn about themselves, and tap into the unique gifts and abilities with which God has blessed each one of us. Students can come by the Office of Student Development in The Cube. Feel free to call us at 601.968.5932 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.