Bachelor of Music in Performance: Voice
For students who are gifted in voice, Belhaven's Bachelor of Music in Performance (Voice) provides a reputable, focused foundation for a lifetime of performance. It is geared towards students who desire serious preparation for further study in music. Like all of Belhaven's degrees, the Christian worldview is the foundation to the entire curriculum.
Graduates are prepared to audition for graduate programs following their senior recital presentation, and if students choose a route other than graduate school, they can pursue musical careers in teaching, church music, performance, or other musical endeavors.
Music scholarships are available.
Distinctive Course Offerings
- Music Theory I
- Music Theory II
- Musicianship I
- Musicianship II
- Music Theory III
- Music Theory IV
- Musicianship III
- Musicianship IV
- Introduction to Compositional Process
- Seminar on Music Culture: Worldview & Aesthetics
- Form and Analysis I
- Conducting Basics
- Vocal Pedagogy
- History of Music I
- History of Music II
- Counterpoint I OR Popular Music from the 1930s to the present: A Cultural Mirror
- Vocal Literature
- Elementary French I & II (preferred) OR Elementary German I & II (preferred) OR Elementary Spanish I & II
- Music Studio Class
- Private Music Lessons: Voice, 8 semesters required
- Music Ensembles
- Junior Recital
- Senior Recital
- Pass piano proficiency juries
Visit the Course Offerings page for more specific information.
For More Information
Contact the music administrative assistant email@example.com or 601-974-6494 or you can contact the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-960-5940 (toll free) or 601-968-5940 (locally). Also, you can fill out our online form to request additional information.