Junior Year - Belhaven Career Prep
In order to be fully prepared for life after Belhaven, it is important to plan and take action towards your future. Below is a list of important steps for you to take academically and professionally to prepare for life after Belhaven. We call this: Belhaven Career Prep. The Center for Career and Calling is here to help you to complete your junior and senior year preparation. Call to schedule an appointment or drop by The CCC to develop a plan for your future.
Let's get started! By your junior year, you should have completed the Freshmen & Sophomore Year Checklist. If not, we recommend that you play catch up with this list (however, it is not required in the completion of Belhaven Career Prep).
Prep List **
- Call to schedule an appointment or drop by and meet with the Center for Career and Calling to plan for your future
- Register on the Belhaven Career Network
- Attend the Resume Workshop
- Create a draft of your resume and upload it on the Belhaven Career Network
- Complete a Mock Interview
Choose a path-
|6. Attend an approved workshop||6. Attend the Graduate School Workshop|
|7. Attend the Belhaven Career Fair||7. Attend the Graduate School Fair|
*You must be a Belhaven Traditional student in your junior year and complete steps -7.
**Requirements for Belhaven Prep do not have to be nor can they be completed in order.
Suggestions on others things to do during your junior year:
- Complete both the work and grad school path so that you are prepared for both options
- If you are planning to attend graduate school, look up the required test for entrance and take a practice test (information about free practice tests available at the Center for Career and Calling)
- Find pre-approved internship or job shadowing opportunity
- Meet with your advisor to make sure you are on track to graduate next year
- Look for ways to get involved in leadership on campus
- Consider a job in the field in which you're most interested for the summer-see what it's like in the "real world"