Catalogue: Adult Program Information
Adult Studies Program Objectives
Through our adult studies program curricula, Belhaven University encourages breadth of vision and promotes the maximum development of each student intellectually, spiritually, culturally, and physically. The following educational objectives are at the core of the adult studies program:
- Develop students' potential, enabling them to face the future with confidence and determination.
- Prepare adult students for leadership and service in their chosen vocation.
- Apply critical thinking and reasoning skills to identify problems and to develop problem-solving abilities.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to solve real-life problems through teamwork within the context of an active learning environment.
- Facilitate social development and effectiveness in interpersonal relationships through developing personal values and constructive attitudes toward work, other people, and the quality of life.
- Form a broad base for a detailed study in a major discipline while giving Christian perspective on the world of ideas.
- Foster and promote a sense of Biblical ethics and values to be applied in the students' personal and professional lives.
- Facilitate spiritual growth by examining personal and corporate values from a Christian worldview.
- Develop written and oral communication skills.