Double Major Promise/5th Year Free

For new students, contact us!


  • to first-time, full-time, Belhaven Freshmen
  • that remain continuously enrolled for 4 years.
  • Declare a double major and
  • the 5th year of tuition is free.

doublemajor type

While taking on two college majors may mean more work for you, it can also bring a much greater reward. At Belhaven, we want to fuel your academic passion and help you maximize your success. That’s why we are the only university in America that offers the ability to earn a double major with free tuition in your 5th year of study!

Combinations of majors are limited only by your imagination, but here are a few examples of how you can customize your education:

  • Pairing a business degree and a STEM major is the most lucrative combination according to the National Survey of College Graduates.
  • Double majors in two Arts, or any Arts combined with English, Psychology, Business, or Communications can dramatically expand your career choices.
  • Almost any major combined with Education or International Studies gives you immediate options for full-time employment after college.

With careful planning, you can complete most double major options in four years. But if additional time is needed, Belhaven will provide your fifth year of tuition free to help your reach your goals and fulfill your academic passions. Want to earn a double degree? We will apply the same 5th year tuition free promise for double degrees too.

How does it work?

  • You must enroll as a freshman. This program is only offered to those who begin their full-time college education at Belhaven University.
  • You must remain enrolled full-time for four continuous years (8 semesters)
  • Belhaven will provide free tuition for the 5th year of study (9th and 10th semesters)
  • You must apply for all eligible State and Federal grants and Belhaven will fund the tuition difference.
  • You are responsible for any books, fees, and room and board charges
  • The 5th year tuition free promise also applies to the completion of a double degree (BA +BS).
  • You must declare your double major or degree with the registrar before submitting a graduation application and be in good academic standing.

Have more questions?  Read our FAQ page.