Ready to Lead
From staffing constraints to regulatory compliance to social media wellness influencers, helping patients live their best lives is becoming increasingly challenging. Do you have the knowledge and skills to adapt to this ever-shifting landscape?
With a Graduate Certificate in Healthcare Administration from Belhaven University, you're prepared to take on the toughest challenges at any organization. You learn to navigate the complexities of finance, legal, ethics, change management, and more — all taught by experienced faculty from a caring Christian worldview.
This 15-credit hour program is open to students with an undergraduate or graduate degree. You're ready to make a difference. Belhaven can make it happen.
Why You’ll Love Health Administration at Belhaven
Flexibility for your busy lifestyle
#9 Best School
Study.com ranked Belhaven as a top 10 “Best Healthcare Administration School”
A Proven Value
Our tuition is affordable, and we also offer comprehensive financial aid packages
ACHE Student Chapter
Belhaven hosts a local chapter of the American College of Healthcare Executives
What Can You Do with a Health Administration Degree?
- Direct departments within a hospital
- Executive leadership roles
- Leadership roles in pharmaceutical companies and government agencies
- Leadership roles within physicians’ groups and doctors’ offices
- Manage medical records and finances
- Manage mental health, nursing homes, and other care facilities
- Manage nonprofit organizations
- Marketing and communications for hospitals
- Oversee the quality and safety of hospitals and patients
What Sets Us Apart from Other Programs?
- Explore current issues and trends in the health care system (including health care reform and social media in health care)
- Examine key trends impacting the nation’s health care organizations
- Study the legal environment from a health care management perspective (including topics such as the basic structure of the court system and the general legal responsibilities and liabilities of health care organizations)
- Study how to achieve quality with the structure and relationships of the complex system of a health care organization (including systems thinking, improving and managing process change, and performance measurement)
School of Business: Verified Excellence
Belhaven’s business school is accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). Why is this important?
Knowing the School of Business is accredited by the IACBE tells you that Belhaven voluntarily holds itself to a set of quality standards and is willing to allow outside business experts come to campus and verify Belhaven is doing what we say we are doing. Belhaven’s commitment to the accreditation process benefits you because it ensures you will be provided a quality education.
What Will You Learn in a Certificate Program?
- Explore current issues and trends in the health care system, including health care reform and social media in health care.
- Examine key trends impacting the nation’s health care organizations.
- Study the legal environment from a health care management perspective, including topics such as the basic structure of the court system and the general legal responsibilities and liabilities of health care organizations.
- Study how to achieve quality with the structure and relationships of the complex system of a health care organization, including systems thinking, improving and managing process change, and performance measurement.
Graduate Certificate: What You Need to Know
To enter this program, you must have a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college. A 2.8 cumulative GPA from undergraduate work is required for admission. You may also be admitted by showing nine hours of graduate work with a “B” or better in each course.
Up to six hours of accredited graduate work may be transferred if a “B” or better is earned in each course.
If you don’t meet the admission requirements, you may be conditionally admitted. For consideration, submit to the School of Business an essay outlining your goals and two letters of recommendation.
If you’re conditionally admitted, you must earn a 3.0 GPA in the first six semester hours of graduate work to continue in the program.
Applying to Belhaven’s online programs is quick and easy. We’ll need a couple supporting documents — things like transcripts from any other school you’ve attended. When you have gathered those, just complete our online application form.
These rates are for August 1, 2023 through July 31, 2024.
|Program||Per Credit Hour|
|Grad. Certificates - Finance, Health Admin, HR, Leadership, Public Admin.||$605|
|Active Military Discount, Graduate Program||$375|
|20% Discount: Military Spouse/Veteran/First Responder||$484|
* Military/first responder benefits cannot be combined with any other institutional scholarships or discounts.
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.