Conference Services is responsible for scheduling and coordinating the use of all the main Jackson, MS Belhaven University campus facilities and services. Whether you are planning a conference, meeting, training session, reception, or other special event, Conference Services is here to help meet the needs of your group and get your event scheduled on the campus calendar.
We also offer summer accommodations from mid-May to mid-August. Be sure to check out the pictures of our facilities and comments from groups who have had their events at Belhaven University.
Check out our facilities details information sheet (pdf).
Conference Services Information
All groups that have an event on campus are required to have a signed service contract. The service contract provides you with the information you need regarding the University's expectations, applicable policies, and your need for liability insurance, etc. Click on sample contract (pdf) to view our conference services contract.
The use of alcohol or tobacco in any form is prohibited on our campus, including the buildings, parking lots, lawns, and sidewalks. Prohibited tobacco products include, but are not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, snuff, and pipe tobacco.
A 40% deposit must be returned with the executed contract, with the balance due upon receipt of invoice from Conference Services.
A $25 fee will be assessed for any cancellation if notice is received two weeks prior to the event start date. No refund will be given if cancellation notice is received within two weeks of the event start date or after the event begins.
- Under limited circumstances, Belhaven University facilities may be used by groups from outside of the University community provided that such use does not interfere with the normal activities of the institution and is in accord with University policies.
- When space is available, an off-campus group may be granted the use of Belhaven University facilities provided that the group agrees to observe the policies and procedures governing the use of University facilities.
- Off-campus groups using Belhaven University facilities must compensate the University for the rental of space, where applicable, and for all expenses resulting from the activities including custodial service, labor, security, damage, or other related costs. Off-campus groups must provide proof of liability insurance coverage in a form satisfactory to the University and sign a service contract. Click on sample contract (pdf) to view our conference services contract.
- The Coordinator of Conference Services will serve as the liaison between the University and an off-campus group.
- The University may refuse the use of its facilities to off-campus groups that otherwise would be eligible, where the proposed activity would require an unreasonable amount of University supervision or service, or where there is a question concerning the safety of the participants or of University property, or where the event conflicts with the University's mission.
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.