Belhaven University is committed to providing a safe campus environment balancing appropriate Covid-19 precautions with the dynamics of our learning community.
The most recent information is listed first. Because the guidance is regularly updated, check back often and make sure to "refresh" this page to make sure you are seeing the latest updates.
COVID Policy Fall 2022
Belhaven University will continue to monitor COVID positivity rates in the city, state, and across the country. University Administration will also review and follow guidelines set forth by the city, local, state governments, and the CDC.
The priority is to keep our students, faculty, and staff safe at all times. Students will be notified of requirements regarding COVID-19 and will be expected to follow any guidelines set forth by Belhaven University.
- Students who experience COVID-19 symptoms should not come to campus or leave their residence hall room until you have been tested and received your test results.
- If you are experiencing symptoms, complete the COVID-19 Symptomatic Form on Blazenet under “Quick Links”.
- If you select that a test appointment should be made for you, a member of the Office of Student Development will contact you with an appointment time at the MEA Clinic (5606 Old Canton Rd.).
- Please remain in your residence hall room/home until you receive your test results.
- If found positive, you may be required to quarantine off campus. Those testing positive must quarantine for at least 5 days from the onset of symptoms and may only return on Day 6 if fever-free for the previous 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and if symptoms are resolving.
- Upon returning to campus, a mask must be worn at all times for an additional 5 days.
- Students will not be penalized for missing class due to COVID related illness or isolation.
- Please send the results of your positive test to firstname.lastname@example.org so professors can be notified of your COVID absences.
- Contact your professors about assignments as soon as you are able.
- At this time, Belhaven University will not be requiring masks to be worn.
- However, those who are at high risk because of personal or family needs are encouraged to continue to wear masks indoors.
- Some faculty members may require students to wear masks in class and during meetings. Please be respectful of these concerns by faculty and wear a mask if required to do so.
At-Home Covid Tests
- You may order free tests to be mailed to you at covid.gov.
- Free tests are also available at all Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) county health departments. No doctor’s note or documentation are necessary. Tests may be picked up without an appointment during regular health department hours (HealthyMS.com/locations).
- At-Home tests can be purchased at all local pharmacies.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call the Office of Student Development (601.968.5969).
Verse of the Year
Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.