Intercultural Studies Department
Dr. Stephen Armet, Assistant Professor of International Studies
An intercultural studies major studies anthropology, language acquisition skills, comparative religions and a survey of globalization and culture. The intercultural studies degree program also includes in-depth courses in Bible, theology, urban and tribal ministry. Three hours of cross-cultural experience is required, and this can usually be fulfilled by completing a short term mission trip.
What will I study?
- Linguistics and language acquisition
- Anthropology and missions
- Political science
- Biblical social responsibilities
What can I do with an Intercultural Studies degree?
- US State department
- International journalism
- Teach English as a Second Language
- Mission field
- Study international law
Why choose Intercultural Studies at Belhaven University?
- Receive biblical studies classes that engage current events
- Earn 12 hours of credit for studying abroad
What kind of opportunities will I have in my major that will contribute toward my career?
- Develop skills in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Gain empathy for people who are different than you
- Demonstrate that you have initiative and an adventurous spirit
What are Belhaven Intercultural Studies graduates doing now?
- Graduate school