Belhaven University offers students disability accommodation in accordance with the guidelines of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
It is our primary focus that students who qualify for ADA have reasonable accommodations to make them academically successful within their college career. Accommodations are based off individual needs.
Please see the steps below to start the accommodation process. We look forward to serving you!
Steps to Take
Please fill out the ADA application located in BlazeNet (required log in).
Official medical documentation from a licensed professional outlining medical diagnosis and suggested academic accommodations. These need to be relevant (within 5 years)
If you’d like to have a meeting to discuss the ADA process or have specific questions please contact Keri Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 601-968-8781.
- Once the Office of Student of Student Care has received all information please allow 3-5 full business days for your file to be reviewed and for an official accommodation letter to be issued.
- When letters are completed someone from the Office of Student Care will be in contact with you to receive and review the letter.
- Please note that academic accommodations are implemented only when professors have the official accommodation letter. Accommodations are not retroactive, so please plan accordingly.
- For Undergrad Traditional Students: Once per semester.
- For Online/ Adult/ Grad Students: Each semester you are enrolled.
Verse of the Year
Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.