Discover internship opportunities, career paths, and graduate school opportunities for our Art + Design students at Belhaven University.
Our Alumni are Full-Time As...
- Character designer, Warner Brothers Animation, Los Angeles (Kathryn Hudson, ’07)
- Stained glass artist and restorer, Pearl River Glass Studio (Amelia Key, ’11)
- Fashion photographer, Edinburgh, Scotland (Laura Meek, ’12)
- 3-D designer/animator, Enva Division (Daniel Hause, ’16)
- Display artist, Anthropologie (Samara Thomas, ’13)
- Teaching fellow, UC Santa Barbara (Jimmy Miracle, ’04)
- Design/drawing instructor, Jackson State University; (Hosik Kim, ’08)
- Ceramic artist, Yorkshire, England (Emily Goff Fratson, ’13)
- Owner/photographer, Acorn Studio, Clinton, MS (Erin Govero Fults, ’05)
- Independent painter with gallery representation, Richmond/Atlanta (Wes Sumrall, ’12)
- High school art teacher, St. Andrew’s Episcopal School (Emmi Sprayberry, ’17)
- High school art teacher, Jackson Academy (Jacob Rowan, ’12)
- Elementary school art teacher, Smilow Collegiate Charter School (Victoria Sewell, ’18)
“Invariably anyone coming out of your program and Belhaven are stellar …” – Andy Young, founder/owner, Pearl River Glass Studio
Our Alumni Have Graduate Degrees From...
- Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA in Illustration)
- University of California at Santa Barbara (MFA in Studio Art)
- Maryland Institute College of Art – MICA (MFA in Studio Art)
- Wichita State University (MFA in Painting)
- University of Mississippi (MFA in Ceramics/Sculpture)
- Seattle Pacific University (MFA in Poetry)
- Louisiana State University (MA in Art History)
- University of Southern Mississippi (MA in English)
- Auburn University (MA in Liberal Arts)
- Reformed Theological Seminary (MDiv)
"As a young artist at Belhaven, I learned a lot about creativity and being human from Belhaven's department chair, a compassionate mentor, and true artist. Finding a gifted teacher like this is quite rare in today's art world …" – Jimmy Miracle, ’04
Belhaven Creative Labs
Belhaven University is excited to be part of the maker movement through a major collaboration between its Art and Design Department and Mathematics and Computer Science departments. This partnership, known as Belhaven Creative Labs, brings together students of all disciplines to work on physical projects that foster technical education and creative exploration.
Students will have opportunities to learn and work on projects of their own interests, as related to STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics).
Projects will involve 3D printing, design software, coding, circuitry and micro-processers, sculpting, data science, wood crafting, robotics, virtual reality, and more.
Belhaven Creative Labs was created to prepare students for careers, develop creativity and critical thinking, and provide an outlet to engage society in meaningful ways.
Belhaven Creative Labs are unique because its footprint spans several lab spaces around the campus including a lab for design, circuitry, and bots, another is home to the coding lab that covers simple circuits and machine learning to data science and a third hosts the 3D digital fabrication lab and sculpture studio.
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.