To Serve, Not Be Served
As a nurse, you serve others, and you do it well even in sometimes challenging circumstances. The Belhaven School of Nursing is here to serve you as you grow.
If you’re an RN with an associate degree or diploma in nursing, you can earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree through Belhaven’s flexible online program — while continuing to serve those in your community.
Your servant’s heart, plus your desire to better yourself, makes you a perfect fit for the Belhaven family. We’re a nurturing haven for your academic endeavors.
Online RN to BSN Degree | Belhaven University
Work on your degree from anywhere at anytime
Time required to complete your degree
To push you to the next level in your career
With the Belhaven Mississippi RN to BSN Scholarship
Nationally Recognized Accreditation
Our Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), which is recognized in all 50 states and U.S. territories. This voluntary accreditation proves our ongoing commitment to continued growth, effective educational practices, and nationally shared standards.
What You'll Learn
Belhaven University graduates are challenged to transform health care through the uniqueness of Christ-inspired nursing practice.
The RN to BSN program equips RNs with advanced knowledge of nursing concepts, including management and leadership, community health, and research. Additionally, the program provides you with a pathway to graduate study in nursing.
RN to BSN: What You Need to Know
RN to BSN Program – Generic Plan of Study
Plans of Study are customized for each student depending upon semester of enrollment and course availability.
- NRN 411: Physical Assessment for the Practicing RN
- NRN 412: Professional Role Development
- WVC 301: Christian Interpretation of Life
- NRN 413: Pathophysiology for RNs
- NRN 414: Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
- NRN 415: Professional Writing for Nurses or
- NRN 416: Informatics in Health Care
- NRN 421: Community-Population Nursing
- NRN 426: Health Policy and Ethical Decision-Making or
- NRN 427: Professional Growth and Empowerment
- NRN 422: Nursing Research, Theory, and Practice
- NRN 423: Leadership and Management in Nursing
- NRN 424: Nursing Synthesis Seminar
These rates are for August 1, 2023 through July 31, 2024.
RN-BSN students in Mississippi will receive a 20% nursing scholarship in honor of their everyday and first responder service for both RN-BSN courses and RN-BSN Prep courses. The Mississippi RN-BSN rate with the nursing scholarship will be $345 per credit hour (versus our regular online rate of $435 per credit hour).
|Program||Per Credit Hour||Tuition|
|RN to BSN - 31 hours/10 courses||$345||$10,695|
|RB to BSN - Prep Courses||$345|
|Regular Undergraduate Courses||$435|
* Military/first responder benefits cannot be combined with any other institutional scholarships or discounts.
Step Into the Challenge: Finish Your BSN
You can expect to be challenged and to learn new things from caring faculty members. Our convenient and flexible online format allows you to continue serving your community while learning new skills. It’s time to push yourself and to stand out among your colleagues with a BSN.
And, when you finish your degree, you’ll be ready to lead those colleagues — or serve in advanced roles, including community health and research positions. You’ll also have the building blocks needed to further your nursing education with graduate study.
Your continued education is a win-win for you, your patients, and your fellow nurses.
How Do I Get Started?
Before you apply, you must have:
- Completed Belhaven’s general education and prerequisite course requirements
- Finished all nursing prerequisite courses with a minimum of “C” or better in each course and a cumulative GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- An associate degree or diploma (which includes clinical practice nursing courses) at a regionally accredited college or university
- An unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in your state of residence with no pending legal action
- A computer that meets our hardware and software requirements
- A stable internet connection
The application processes for Belhaven University and the nursing program must be completed separately.
How to Apply
To apply to the nursing program, you must meet the requirements described in the “Before You Apply” section. You must also submit these items by the deadline for fall or spring admission:
- A completed application for admission to Belhaven
- A completed RN to BSN application
- A resume that outlines your health care interests, campus and community involvement, leadership roles, and employment history
Resume & Transcripts
All of the components below will be evaluated as part of the admission decision. An application is considered complete when the student meets the following criteria:
- Has graduated from a NLNAC/ACEN or nationally accredited nursing program at a regionally accredited college or university (which included clinical practice nursing courses);
- Has submitted a complete application for the RN to BSN by the deadline for fall and spring admission;
- Has a current unencumbered license to practice as a registered nurse in state of residence with no pending legal action;
- Has submitted a resume to email@example.com, outlining health care interest or experience, campus/community involvement, leadership, employment, etc. by the deadline;
- Has completed all nursing pre-requisite courses with a minimum of “C” or better in each course and a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 on 4.00 scale; and
- Has been admitted to Belhaven University.
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to:
Office of the Dean of Nursing
1500 Peachtree Street, Campus Box 313
Jackson, MS 39202
If you’re a veteran and wish to be assessed for military credit, or if you plan on using veteran benefits, you must submit a copy of Form DD214 and/or DD295 to Belhaven University.
Acceptance of admission to Belhaven University does not guarantee admission to the Nursing program.
Students must comply with Mississippi legislative statutes and regulations regarding criminal background checks and fingerprinting. You have three weeks from the date on your letter of acceptance to complete the background check and fingerprinting process. For more information, contact the School of Nursing at 601-968-8935 or email@example.com.
Scholarships to Thank You for Your Service
We understand that college costs can be prohibitive, so we offer a variety of scholarships to help you succeed in your education and career. One such scholarship is the Belhaven Mississippi RN to BSN Scholarship, which offers all Mississippi-based RNs a 20% online tuition discount. Talk with your admissions officer about using this scholarship (or others) — in conjunction with state and federal grants — to assist with overall cost.
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.