The Master of Science in Information Technology Management (MSITM) degree is a blend of technology and management courses that prepares IT professionals to advance into leadership roles. This program explores leadership, project management, financial analysis, current and emerging technologies, cyber law, and strategic planning all from a Christian perspective.
The masters in information technology management degree provides you with the skills you will need to lead in technology focused organizations and provides a broad overview of how technology is utilized by organizations and individuals within the organization.
This 30-hour master’s degree in information technology management is offered in a hybrid model. You will develop management and leadership skills through a rigorous program with high academic standards that validates the Christian values to which Belhaven is committed.
In the hybrid with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) program, classes are offered in manageable, 14 week terms consisting of one hybrid class with a mandatory weekend face-to-face residency and one online class. Classes are a combination of 14 week and 7 week formats.
The CPT program temporarily allows international students with an F-1 visa to gain practical experience directly related to their major through employment, paid or unpaid internships, or cooperative (co-op) education.
- Taught in a hybrid model consisting of face-to-face and online classes
- All classes taught from a Christian worldview
- Small class sizes so you know your professors and classmates
- Competitive tuition rates
There are many career opportunities available for those with a degree in information technology management. Some of those include:
- Chief Information Officer
- Technology Manager
- Systems Administrator
- Security Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Management Analyst
- Project Manager
- Team Leader
Applicants for the Master of Science in Information Technology Management degree program must meet the following:
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university(or equivalent from an international institution) with a 2.8 cumulative GPA or have earned 9 hours of graduate credit with a B in each course.
- Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the Master of Science in Information Technology Management program, may be admitted on a conditional basis. The student should submit 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program committee. Students admitted on a conditional basis to the Master of Science in Information Technology Management program must earn a 3.00 grade point average in the first six semester hours of graduate work to continue in the Master of Science in Information Technology Management
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 71 iBT, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6, or the Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) of 70. Scores must be no more than two years old and must be verifiable. See international student application for additional documents required for issuing the I-20.
- See "How Do I Apply" page for materials to submit with admission application.
Business Administration, M.S.I.T.M. (Vesta)
Business Intelligence and Analytics
30 hours to include:
- ITM 600 - Ethical Decisionmaking (3)
- ITM 604 - Leading Productive Teams (3)
- ITM 612 - Project Management (3)
- ITM 616 - Financial Analysis (3)
- ITM 624 - Current and Emerging Technology (3)
- ITM 626 - Database Design & Management (3)
- ITM 627 - Data Analytics (3)
- ITM 628 - Disaster Recovery Planning (3)
- ITM 632 - Cyber Law, Regulations, and Compliance (3)
- ITM 650 - Externship (0)
- ITM 670 - Technology Capstone (3)
Business Intelligence And Analytics Concentration, MSITM
The Business Intelligence and Analytics specialization is designed for master students interested in focusing on the analytics and technology aspects of business organizations. Coursework examines emerging trends and threats, compliance issues, and strategy.
Note: Requires all MSITM courses plus all courses in Business Intelligence concentration for a total of 39 hours.
9 hours to include:
Cyber Security Management Concentration, MSITM
Note: Requires all MSITM courses plus all courses in Cyber Security Management concentration for a total of 39 hours.
9 hours to include:
Project Management Concentration, MSITM
Note: Requires all MSITM courses plus all courses in Project Management concentration for a total of 39 hours.
9 hours to include:
Supply Chain And Logistics Management Concentration, MSITM
Note: Requires all MSITM courses plus all courses in Supply Chain and Logistics Management concentration for a total of 39 hours.
9 hours to include
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please follow the steps on the How Do I Apply page to see how easy it is to submit your application to Belhaven University.
Graduate International AdmissionPhone: 601-974-6366
1500 Peachtree Street
Jackson, MS 39202