The Master of Business Administration degree program (MBA) integrates the sophisticated academic world, the practical and technologically dependent career world, and the eternal world of Christian faith into a business curriculum that fits into your busy life. Belhaven, an accredited university, aims to develop in students that rare level of discernment so much in demand, both globally and locally.
Students in the MBA program develop the above qualities through an intense program that both advocates high academic standards and validates the Christian values to which the University, the School of Business Administration, and each faculty member are totally committed.
In the hybrid with Curricular Practical Training (CPT) program, classes are offered in manageable, 14 week terms consisting of one hybrid class with a mandatory weekend face-to-face residency and one online class. Classes are a combination of 14 week and 7 week formats.
The CPT program temporarily allows international students with an F-1 visa to gain practical experience directly related to their major through employment, paid or unpaid internships, or cooperative (co-op) education.
- 36 credit hours
- Taught in a hybrid model consisting of face-to-face and online classes
- All classes taught from a Christian worldview
- Small class sizes so you know your professors and classmates
- Competitive tuition rates
- Accounting and Finance
- Business Information Systems
- Health Services Management
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Operations and Project Management
- Sales & Marketing
- Small Business Management & Entrepreneurship
- Sustainability Management
- Technical Communication Supervisor
- Executive Leadership
- Business Development Manager
- Hold a bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited college or university (or equivalent from an international institution) with a 2.8 cumulative GPA or have earned 9 hours of graduate credit with a B in each course.
- Applicants who do not meet the regular admission requirements, but show the potential for success in the Master of Business Administration program, may be admitted on a conditional basis. The student should submit 2 letters of recommendation for review by the program committee. Students admitted on a conditional basis to the Master of Business Administration program must earn a 3.00 grade point average in the first six semester hours of graduate work to continue in the program.
- International applicants from non-English speaking countries must also submit scores on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) of 71 iBT, the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) of 6, or the Canadian Academic English Language Assessment (CAEL) of 70. Scores must be no more than two years old and must be verifiable. See international student application for additional documents required for issuing the I-20.
- See "How Do I Apply" page for materials to submit with admission application.
The hybrid Master of Business Administration degree with CPT is designed for students who would like an MBA but are interested in the field of Information Technology. Information technology combines core business principles with technology related course work in the areas of information security, systems analysis, and emerging business technologies. An MBA student with an Information Technology concentration is prepared for jobs in areas like information systems management, analysts, consultants, and project management.
Courses will include:
- Emerging technologies for business
- Business process analysis and design
- Database management and administration
View Course Descriptions from the University Catalogue.