Help Numbers Tell a Story
Learn to transform your passion for details into a career. Every sector needs accounting professionals, who are the keepers and protectors of financial records.
You’ll do more than just calculate budgets and bottom lines, though. You can become a key advisor to management and make a place for yourself in the C-suite, guiding business operations and serving as an ethical voice for rational decision-making.
Our School of Business prepares you for this unique career. Your classes are interesting, relevant, and lead to hands-on internship opportunities.
You can network with successful graduates and business executives who know the quality and ethical framework behind a Belhaven education. Many of our graduates are offered accounting jobs before they even graduate.
When you complete the accounting major with a public accounting concentration, you are fully prepared to take the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam in Mississippi. When you pass the CPA exam, a new world of well-paying job options opens up for you.
Why You’ll Love Accounting at Belhaven
Can be taken after completing the accounting major with the concentration
Offering amazing internship opportunities and seminars where you’ll connect with business leaders
13:1 Student/Faculty Ratio
Small class sizes mean big opportunities
What Can You Do with an Accounting Degree?
- Corporate accountant (with management responsibilities)
- Fraud investigator
- Government accountant
- Internal auditor
- Management consultant
- Public accountant and auditor
- Tax planner and preparer
Accounting at Belhaven Teaches You How To…
- Conduct cost accounting for managerial decision-making
- Direct accounting for governmental and not-for-profit organizations
- Manage federal taxation of individuals as well as corporations, partnerships, and sole proprietorships
- Oversee auditing and forensic accounting processes
- Prepare financial statements
- Read and understand business law
- Use computer applications for accounting
What Are Belhaven Grads Doing Now?
- Accountant at Harper, Rains, Knight & Company
- Accountant at the Mississippi Department of Finance
- Accounting employee at the Export-Import Bank of the United States
- CPA and auditor at Deloitte
- CPA and senior auditor at BBVA Compass
- Employee in the tax division at Briggs & Veselka Co.
- Financial analyst at Southern Farm Bureau Life Insurance
- Fraud, forensic, and litigation associate at Horne LLP
- Project accountant at L-3 Communications
- Property accountant at Sutherland Global Services
School of Business: Verified Excellence
Belhaven’s business school is accredited by the International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE). Why is this important?
Knowing the School of Business is accredited by the IACBE tells you that Belhaven voluntarily holds itself to a set of quality standards and is willing to allow outside business experts come to campus and verify Belhaven is doing what we say we are doing. Belhaven’s commitment to the accreditation process benefits you because it ensures you will be provided a quality education.
Accounting: What You’ll Study
- 4-year plan for Freshmen - Accounting, Public Accounting Concentration (pdf)
- 4-year plan for Transfers - Accounting, Public Accounting Concentration (pdf)
Double Major & Get Your 5th Year Free
Fuel your academic passions and expand your career options. Belhaven offers our freshmen a unique deal: double major, and we’ll pay the tuition if you need a fifth year in school. Double major in two arts programs, pair a business degree with a STEM major … the possibilities are endless!
Accounting Degree Student Perspective
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.