Since its founding, Belhaven has sought to fulfill the mission expressed in its motto, "non ministrari, sed minstrare" (to serve, not to be served).
Today, Belhaven University is striving to implement the same motto through the Office of Church Relations. By viewing Belhaven as an extension of a student's home church, our faculty and staff take their role of the nurturing and discipleship of our students seriously. We hope to create a partnership with churches so that our mutual efforts will result in raising Godly men and women.
Belhaven Church Relations Resources
Useful Links Within The Belhaven University Web Site:
Church Involvement: How You And Your Church Can Help
- Send the names and addresses of high school juniors and seniors in your church to our Admission Office.
- Bring students to Belhaven University for a campus visit.
- Encourage your church to sponsor a student through The Belhaven Fund for Student Scholarships.
- Host a Belhaven Admission Counselor or Church Relations Director during one of your church services or special events.
- Pray for our faculty, staff, and students.
We will be glad to . . .
- Meet with your Session, Board of Deacons, and/or Mission Committee regarding Belhaven University and our commitment to you in Christian education.
- Provide leadership for worship as a preacher, liturgist, or give a "Moment for Mission."
- Arrange a visit to the campus for individuals or groups from your church.
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.