Scholarships and grants are gifts that support your educational dreams. Unlike loans, they do not have to be paid back. (Some grants have conditions that you must meet to make it a true gift.)
Make your educational dreams come true with the generous scholarships offered by Belhaven University, one of the South’s premier Christian institutions of higher learning.
Find Your Scholarship or Grant
- Merit Scholarship: If you’re a full-time Belhaven University undergraduate student seeking your first bachelor’s degree, you may qualify for a merit-based scholarship. These awards are renewable for up to four years (eight semesters). View the undergrad admission website for more information on Merit Scholarships.
- Church Scholarship Match: Your church may decide to contribute to your education. If so, we’ll match that amount up to $500 per year. Download the application (pdf).
- STEM Majors: As a science or math major, you may apply for the Marion Davis Ridgway and Elise Davis Endowed Scholarship. This $1,000 scholarship is awarded once per academic year to a STEM student who is pursuing a pre-professional program in the health sciences. The scholarship can be received multiple times. You must have a minimum ACT score of 29, be admitted to Belhaven, and complete an application and interview process. March 1 is the application (pdf) deadline each year.
Common Grants & Scholarships from Outside Belhaven
- Federal: If you’re pursuing your first undergraduate degree, are a citizen or permanent resident of the U.S., and demonstrate financial need, you may qualify for federal grants awarded by the U.S. Department of Education. Amounts vary from year to year and depend on need as well as application timing, so apply as soon as possible after Jan. 1 of each year. Apply by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and specifying Belhaven’s code: 002397.
- State: If you’re a legal resident of the state of Mississippi, you may qualify for state grants depending on your financial need and funding levels. Applications open each year on Oct. 1.
- Higher Education Legislative Plan for Needy Students Scholarship (HELP)
- Mississippi Resident Tuition Assistance Grant (MTAG)
- Mississippi Eminent Scholars Grant (MESG)
- Law Enforcement Officers and Firemen Scholarship (LAW)
- Nissan Scholarship (NISS)
- PCUSA: If you’re a member of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.), you may qualify for church-related aid in the form of a scholarship, study grant, or other financial award. Check the church’s website for deadlines, eligibility information, and award details.
We offer a variety of scholarships and discounts to honor students serving as a first responder, nurse, military, veteran, educator, as well as our alumni.
Classroom Leadership Scholarship: If you’re pursuing your Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) through alternate route certification courses, you qualify for a $400 per course Classroom Leadership Scholarship. The award can’t be combined with other Belhaven scholarships. For more information, speak with your admission officer or financial aid representative.
Discounts & Scholarships for Online Students
Belhaven University offers scholarships for first responders, nurses, educators, military, veterans, and well as our alumni.
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.