Veterans and dependents of veterans may be eligible for benefits for education under Title 38 of the United States Code. If you are entitled to either VA or military benefits, submit a copy of your Form DD214. Active members should submit DD295 forms. To apply for benefits, you must complete the Application for Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990) available from the VA Office.
Currently Belhaven University’s student veterans, service members, and dependents rely on the Student Financial Services for the processing of their educational benefits. This service is offered through a staff that consists of 1 School Certifying Officials trained and recertified annually in all aspects of Veterans Benefits for higher education as well as an additional 4 professional employees highly trained and credentialed in the eligibility and administration of Federal Student Aid. Additional staffing consists of support staff and student workers to assist the students with navigating the process of application and eligibility.
Scholarships and Tuition
- All Services Scholarships
- Traditional-Residential On Campus Undergraduate Tuition
- Scholarships, discounts, and aid information for Online and Jackson Campus students
- Belhaven University Tuition Refund Policy
- Military FAQ for Online, Jackson Campus students
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
- Community College of the Air Force GEM Program
Federal Tuition Assistance
- Obtain Tuition Assistance Authorization (TA) forms from your base Education Officer.
- Submit Tuition Assistance Forms in Blazenet via the Submit SFS Docs button as close to the start date of class as possible.
Other Helpful Links
Helpful Government Web Sites
- GI Bill® Web Site: GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.
- Department of Veterans Affairs Online Application Web Site: (application for educational benefits)
- Department of Veterans Affairs
- Disabled America Veterans
- National Association of Veteran Program Administrators
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Department of Education
- United States Navy
- United States Marine Corps
- Veterans Crisis Line or 1-800-273-8255
- Veterans of the Vietnam War
- White House
Verse of the Year
God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases Him.