Belhaven University will be a pivotal place of transition, change, and growth for students. The Campus Counselor at Belhaven is here to walk alongside traditional undergraduate students during these adjustments. Counseling can be beneficial in offering insight into one’s struggles, coming to better know one’s self, and gaining effective tools to deal with stress. Counseling sessions are strictly confidential and tailored to each student’s individual needs.

The office of the Campus Counselor provides outpatient treatment for mild and moderate mental health concerns. The Counselor will conduct initial screening and assessment to assist student in determining level of care necessary to meet treatment goals.

If it is determined that the student requires a higher level of care, the student will be referred to local mental health resources. The office of the Campus Counselor is not equipped to handle high acuity or long-term, chronic mental health issues; appropriate referrals will be made in such cases.


Sessions are typically conducted in-person, with a virtual option available depending on the needs of the student and the discretion of the Campus Counselor.

Appointments are available for traditional undergraduate students only. Referrals will be provided for non-traditional and/or graduate students seeking mental health services.

To schedule an initial consultation, students may contact the campus counselor at or 601-965-1428.

View Frequently Asked Questions


The Campus Counselor's office is located on the second floor of Cleland Hall in 207.


The Campus Counselor complies with all standard confidentiality laws. Information is only disclosed to the University as required by law and ethical codes for the safety of the client or other persons.

Verse of the Year

Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.

Matthew 7:24